Sat, Oct 09|
Pumpkin Drop-Off Location
Pumpkin Palooza Artists
Calling all Kindcrafters who are artistically talented! We have an opportunity to raise money for The Sunflower House, a place that supports, heals and educates children of child abuse. We will be using our art skills to paint fun pumpkins that will be sold at their Pumpkin Palooza!
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2021, 5:00 PM
Pumpkin Drop-Off Location, 17239 W 161st Pl, Olathe, KS 66062, USA
About The Event
Sunflower House hosts a party in October called Pumpkin Palooza. Beautifully painted pumpkins are sold and the proceeds go directly back to Sunflower House. KindCraft has volunteered to paint 40 pumpkins for this event.
You will purchase your OWN pumpkin, PAINT it, and drop it off to Project Coordinator Maci Emerick's house in Olathe (address provided upon registration). The Emerick family will deliver all pumpkins to Sunflower House for the Pumpkin Palooza.
Remember, this is not a carving project- this is a painting pumpkins project that you will do at your own location.
- Do not carve your pumpkin.
- Do not pierce your pumpkin in any way.
- Do not break off the stems.
- Do not use chalk paint.
- Do not use glue.
Once you have your pumpkin:
- Store your pumpkin in a cool place.
- Wash your pumpkin in 1 TBSP of bleach to 1 gallon of water if desired.
- Let your pumpkin dry
- Paint your pumpkin-let those creative juices flow!
- After it has fully dried, modge podge or seal your pumpkin with a glossy spray.
- Top your pumpkin with a bow (or they can do that for you).
- Take a picture of your work and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are ok with us sharing your work!)
- Drop off your painted pumpkin to 17239 W. 161st Place Olathe, KS 66062 by Oct. 9 at 5pm.
We are only accepting 40 pumpkins so please do not delay in signing up!
This ticket reserves your spot for one (1) painted pumpkin for Pumpkin Palooza.$0.00